Thursday, December 02, 2010

Venison

This is about 3 deer, boned, sliced, packaged. Steaks and chops in white freezer paper. Jerky in the bags on the left. Sausage in the plastic bags in center front. Seasoned roasts in the plastic bags on the right.

I color code each deer so that it's easy to know which possession tag belongs to the meat. I still have about 1/2 a deer to cut up and probably 10-20 lbs of chunks to either grind for sausage or make seasoned roasts I have another 4 lbs in the drier for Jerky.

We're getting there. I think we now have enough food in the house to last until March, if necessary.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

theMom said...

March, huh...I think you're a bit optimistic, dear. Do you remember how quickly we went through an entire hog and half a cow,...Blink. Gone.