Monday, September 13, 2010

When it rains...

If you are coming back to this post and notice it is different, well, I decided to be less specific about some information. There were only three readers in that time from the original post, and I know who they were. Please just go with this version without any specifics for now.

---------------

Today I spent in Bemidji at the hospital with a member and his family. The gentleman had to have delicate surgery on his carotid artery to remove a severe blockage. It was supposed to start before noon. But there were so many emergency victims during the day that he didn't go in until around 5pm.

I haven't heard yet how the surgery went. I needed to get home. And they wanted me not to worry. It's Stella's birthday.

We had a small celebration with gift opening, but Mary's day went askew with all plans shattered. So we hope to have Stella's birthday dinner tomorrow.


After coming to the office this evening I got a call that another member had a stroke. I'll go  to be them in the morning.

And there are some other members and a neighbor who have this week found out about or are dealing with serious medical issues.

Sorry I can't be more specific. And perhaps I won't be able to be more forthcoming in the future.

But all of these families have been through some really tough times in the past few years. Please keep us all in your prayers.

No comments: