Saturday, December 05, 2009

Hospital visits and A Squirrel for Lunch

Wednesday 12/2 Hospital visit Fosston, Dennis M. Hip replacement. He's recovering well and is at home now. Please keep him in your prayers.
Wednesday school.

Thursday 12/3 Hospital visit Crookston, Wayne O., major back surgery. Wayne is recovering but is in a lot of pain. Please keep him in your prayers.

Friday 12/4 Hospital visit TRF, Mavis B. , she was having a lot of pain when Matt and I stopped by. I didn't get a prognosis. Please keep her in your prayers. I visited Ethel at the TRCC. Ethel had tests yesterday and is still awaiting surgery. Please keep her in your prayers.

Friday Louisa brought her friend, Brooke, home for supper. Lane L. brought Caleb over to stay with Matt. So we had 4 teenagers playing tricks on each other when they were supposed to be getting some shut-eye.

Saturday 12/5 Church at Mt. Olive. No Sat. School. I stopped by to see Kevin V. and went over to see Zak and Nitro. When I got home, Matt and Caleb had just come back from hunting. Caleb got a squirrel. I tried to teach them how to skin and gut it.

We fried it up for dinner. I didn't soak it as long as I'd like to, and I should have par-boiled it before frying, it was a little chewey. But tasted good.

I rolled it in corn flour with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Fried it in bacon grease.

Louisa and Brooke didn't want any.

Girls! Go figure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can tell that you are very busy!! I was wondering if you have an update on Ellie and Eli N.? Just wondering how their progress is coming along.