Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Getting Back to you

OK, heres the photo from 11/20 when we baptized Ellie. Ellie is still in the hospital at GF. She seems to be doing somewhat better. They have reduced her glucose intake quite a bit, but she still cannot maintain her bloodsugar level. Please keep her and her folks in your prayers.

Evelyn G passed away last Monday morning (11/23), we had visitation on friday evening with funeral at St. Petri on Saturday. Please keep her family in your prayers.

Monday evening I went over to Quinten and Alyssa's and we baptized Eli.

Tuesday the 24th I did shut-in visits, hospital visits, and an emergency family visit. Ethel J. still hasn't been able to have surgery. Please keep her in your prayers.

Wednesday and Thursday we had our 4 Thanksgiving day services, one at each of the congregations.

Here's some smoked trout that was given to us. It was great. The kids loved to eat the bones.

Matt and I finished up cleaning the deer. Now we have just a few bags of venison steak sitting
I tried a meat roll. If it turns out I'll give the recipe.

Mom, Dad, and Jeremy arrived Thursday afternoon.
We had our Thanksgiving meal on Friday. Then I went to the visitation for Evelyn.

Saturday morning, Mom, Dad, and Jeremy went to church with me at Mt. Olive and left for their place from church.

I had Evelyn's funeral that Sat. afternoon.

Three services on Sunday morning. I took a nap and then met a person for personal spiritual counseling for a couple of hours.

John wanted me to camp with him outside. I talked him into using the camper. Three times he kicked the covers off and was shivering. I covered him up (and me) and snuggled close with the blanket over our heads.

There was the noise of mice in one of the camper storage areas. John asked, "What's that?"

"The cat," I said.

"Oh, good," he said.

Monday morning, back ache.

"I'm cold!" I hear.

(really)

Elsie knocks on the door. "Dad, you've got to go to the hospital."

Howard F. had a stroke this Monday morning. Left side of the brain. No bleeding. He was transferred down to Merit Care in Fargo. I spent some time with the family this morning in Fosston and with Howard, Sylvia, Janet, and Roxanne this evening in Fargo. Please keep them in your prayers.

Home late.

Got the message that Dennis M. is in Fosston with hip-replacement surgery. Please keep him in your prayers.

New day.

Snow and wind.

No comments: