Friday, December 11, 2009

Another Long Friday

Today became long because I started to have a migraine on my way home.

I went to Fargo for Kory. He had surgery this morning to remove a cancerous tumor. The surgery went well. And all our expectations are that he will do well. But please keep him in your prayers.

Fargo isn't really a short drive. And some times I suffer from migraine headaches. It's kind of funny that I was talking about this with Aaron, Jill, and Carol when Kory was in the recovery room. It's funny because I didn't expect that I'd get one today.

But I did.

By the time I got to Twin Vally, MN the aura started in my left eye. When I got to Fertile, MN all I could think about was: "I wish I were home. I wish I were home."

The headlights from oncoming cars were horrible.

I got home safely at supper time. I didn't stop to see Howard, like I had hoped to this morning. I'll try to get to him Saturday.

I called Fred and Sarah to postpone our meeting till tomorrow night.

And Mary kept the kids from bothering me.

Icepack on my head, two advil, two tylenol, my pillow and darkness.

Around 9:00pm I was doing better and could start memorizing my sermon for Sat. morning.

This evening I got a call that another of my parish members was hospitalized. I can't disclose any details at this point, and maybe never. But please keep my parish members in your prayers.

Lot's to do tomorrow. But I feel a lot better now.

No comments: