Saturday, November 21, 2009

Long Friday

I have a photo I'll put up when I can, of Ellie and her folks. Ellie is in GF in the ICU. Born just Monday she is having some serious problems. Please keep her, and her parents in your prayers. I went to GF and baptized Ellie. Both Quinten and Alyssa were there. We will baptize Eli in the next few days. Eli seems to be doing fine.

Evelyn G. had another serious setback today. She is on her deathbed. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. I spent some time with her and her family in Thief River today.

Well, I got home late in the afternoon from the hospital calls. We have a couple of our girls' friends staying over this evening.

I made, you guessed it, venison!

The mix was Mirin, Balsamic Vinegar, Garlic, Paprika, a touch of Chili Powder, and Salt. Seared in butter, baked in the oven at 350 for 25 minutes. I should have done it for 15 or 20 minutes. The flavor was good, the meat was tough. Overcooked.

Matt and I processed the last bit of one of the deer we have hanging. 2 left.

I went to memorize the sermon. Now I'm waiting on a bit of jerky.

Hey Joel! It tastes great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting on how the Nelson Twins are doing. Please keep us up to date on their progress. I will be praying for them.