Friday, October 23, 2009

Visits, Funeral, Visits ...

I made it up to Grygla to see Blanche on Tues 10/13. Mandy wasn't home when I stopped by. Nor did I find Norris home.

I took Donna, John, and Stella down to Redwood Falls to see my Grandfather. We left 10/14 Wed morning and came back on Thursday 10/15. Grandpa was doing fairly well. They try to keep him more active to help build his strength and coordination up.

Friday 10/16 we had Laura R's funeral. Please keep her family in your prayers.

Saturday: Church at Mt. Olive and some garden work.
Sunday: Early church at Oak Park, then Naz, then St. Petri with a dinner at St. Petri. Got home later with the kids. Mary went to TRF to get stuff for the winkel on monday. Finished getting the garden out.

Sunday eve, work on my assignment for Winkel.

Monday, Prs, Stafford (Lengby), Thompson (Audubon), Scheer (Bagley), Kuether (Bemidji), and Preus (Mayville) came for winkel. Pr Stafford presented on the Marburg Colloquy, Pr. Thompson on the Historic Lesson for next Sunday. Pr. Preus presented on the anniversary celebration of the Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification between the ELCA and the RCC. I presented on Coordinate/Subordinate Clauses/Paragraphs and interpretation.

Pr. Thompson's family, Pr. Scheer's family, part of Pr. Stafford's family were all here and visiting at the Parsonage.

Tuesday I went to Bagley for a meeting and discussion of the Augsburg Confession. On the way back I made shut-in calls on Helen C and Esther R.

Wednesday we had Wed School and afterward Mary and I dropped off our car at a neighbors to have the heater core replaced.

Thursday, in addition to the office work, we had a guest for supper. Mary went over to Ladies' Aid. And I went to get the car after 9pm.

I try to get out early in the a.m. before dawn to go hunting. Once in a while I'll try at sunset. We're getting closer together. Now all I need is a clear shot when the deer are that close. The last few times there's been too much brush or grass inbetween me and the deer's heart. And I don't want to chase a deer three miles through the brush when it's got an arrow in its flank.

Stella is puking this morning. No visits today or tomorrow, then. Seems like we just barely get over one thing and then we've got another.

No comments: