Monday, October 05, 2009

Odds and Ends again

Sept. 30th was our 20th Anniversary. The kids made us a special pancake dinner.

From 20th Anniversary Dinner


The meal was filled with subliminal messages.

From 20th Anniversary Dinner


And the children documented the fact that we ate it.

From 20th Anniversary Dinner


Thanks kids. We're so glad that God brought us all together.

Wednesday we had Wed. School. I've been answering theological and church teaching questions more frequently in the past couple of weeks for several people via email.

Saturday was church at Mt. Olive, Saturday School, a pastoral visit, the Youthgroup Shootout at St. Petri, and then in the evening I took Mary out to dinner at the Evergreen. We met Jaime and Laura there we two couples celebrated our wedding anniversaries.

When I got home from the shootout I received a message that Ernest M. was hospitalized. So I stopped by before and after our dinner. He was in serious condition but improving. But please keep him in your prayers.

Sunday I had the three services and found out that Laura R. was hospitalized. After church I got a short nap, and then I went to Warren to see Laura. Clara and John came with me. I met Elmer at the Hospital and served the Lord's Supper to Elmer and Laura. She also is in serious condition but improving a bit. Please keep her in your prayers.

On the way back we stopped in TRF to see Ernest. He appeared to be doing much better and was able to take liquid foods.

Monday morning now. I went out for about an hour at sunrise do deer hunt with my home made bow. I had four deer walk by, but none in range for a good clean kill. So, I didn't take a shot this morning. Walking out of the grove I saw a Ruffed Grouse. It nearly walked into me. There were some fresh bear tracks near the tree stand.

If the weather is nice like this tomorrow morning, I'll go out again.

Blanche B. is having kyphoplasty done this morning. Please keep her in your prayers.

Juel C. has been improving since having his own kyphoplasty this past month. Thank you for keeping him in your prayers.

We've had flu and colds (not H1N1; yet) so I've not really been able to do very many shut-in visits in almost 2 months. Having a lot of kids means that sickness lasts longer in a house. And shut-ins are particularly vulnerable to these same illnesses. When I do hospital visits I'm totally masked and slathered in disinfectant. The visits are brief.

Shut-in visits are never brief and using a mask and disinfectant is net really feasible.

I've got all the crawfish carcasses sitting in the crock-pot brewing broth for soup. I've enjoyed using it while I've had this cold. I think it helps.

Now if only my family will stop singing "Let's go down to the Crawdad hole" and "Crawfish." (HT to Mary.)

Here's last.fm's listing of songs with the word "Crawdad" in the title.
Here's the list with "Crawfish"

No comments: