Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

Thursday the 7th, Louisa and I went to town to get Mary her Mother's Day presents. Did sermon writing in the evening. Friday Mary and I went to TRF to go on a walk together. We had other reasons to go to town, but we decided to use this trip to go on the River Walk.

My left foot started hurting that evening. Perhaps it was the shoes, perhaps something else. And we're getting bad colds.

Saturday there was the Mt. Olive Mother's Day bake sale. And I also had Range Day for Firearms Safety Class.


I didn't get many photos of Range Day this session. I was busy with the archery and handgun ranges. Plus, my foot was killing me.


So I got a couple of photos up at the clubhouse when the students and their parents were learning how to clean the rifles.

Louisa helped out quite a bit at the Archery range.

Mothers' Day. Get up. OW!!!! I know that I have a left foot. I think it's Plantar fasciitis. My voice is so cracked and craggy I sound like a villain in James Bond or like the assistant to Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg.

Made it through the three services though-limping and voice cracking.

Got home, Matt helped me get the grill going. Elsie and Clara got the table ready. Louisa helped me with the fish. Matt did the vegies, Elsie did the salad.

The salad was green lettuce; red, orange, and yellow bell peppers, tomato, sliced onion, sliced mushroom, and Parmesan. The dressing was Balsamic Vinegar, Olive oil, sesame oil, paprika, black pepper, garlic, and basil. All tossed together.


The fish was fresh Salmon; grilled above hot coals on pine boards with wet red cedar chips for smoke, sprinkled with lime, then glazed with a mix of brown sugar, basil, rosemary, and butter.

Yum.

We had baked potatoes and peas to complete the meal. I think Mary liked it.

No comments: