Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Trinity Sessions (One of my favorite music CDs)

I know that each of us likes our own music. And I understand that such tastes can vary between everyone.

Try out the Trinity Sessions from the Cowboy Junkies. Some tracks can be found here. Other tracks and info is here.

I love this CD, the plaintive voice of Margo Timmins, the simple and strong backdrop of guitar, bass, and small drum/trap set.

We missed church on Saturday because it was just too cold for someone to survive a car breakdown. Sunday we had church. It was about 20 below, but I went to St. Petri, then Oak Park, and then Nazareth.

I spent a lot of time at Nazareth.

We had three annual meetings there today.

I got home sometime after 4pm. I started today by driving to the first service at 7:20 am.

This evening the kids were eager to watch a movie that David S. lent to me. The movie is "Prince Caspian".

I like the book by C.S. Lewis. I didn't see the whole movie. But I'm both happy and sad at the movie presentation of this book. The movie focuses on th action, the battles--swords, fights and all. The book focuses on how well the character lets Aslan do what He wants.

I love this book series, "the Chronicles of Narnia" and I think that W. Disney has done pretty good so far.

But even W. Disney doesn't know how to deal with Aslan.

How do you deal with the Creator, and Redeemer; the Second person of the Trinity when He is presented in sinful human fiction?

If you are really interested post a comment.

No comments: