Thursday, November 06, 2008

Pork Liver, Fish Pickels, Peppers, A Grinder, and Tears

You can see the pickled fish on the left side of the photograph.

Honestly, it is so good tasting that Louisa likes it. And that is saying a great deal.

The peppers are drying. The jalapeños and the cayenne will dry O.K. We know how to take care of them.

I went down to the store room tonight to get the meat grinder.

This is the first time that I've gone to get it since I inherited it from my grandma Abrahamson. I feel weird and kind of awkward admitting this;, but, I couldn't help but cry a bit when I was going through Grandma's stuff.

I've got the pork liver simmering on the stove. I brought up Grandma's grinder. I'll grind the liver tonight and make sausage tomorrow or the next day.

But I'm thinking of my grandma tonight.

I love you, grandma. I look forward to seeing you at the resurrection.

No comments: