Thursday, October 30, 2008

Food First

The pressing of the cheese is done. Now I have to let it dry out for a few days until it develops a good rind. Then I'll wax it and let it cure.

Lisa, thank you for the cheese making kit. Sorry it took so long before I used it.

Matthew and I went to TR today. Mavis has pneumonia and is hospitalized. She rattles a bit with each breath and is on some strong antibiotics. Please keep her in your prayers.

I picked up some ingredients for Kimchee and made a gallon and a quart.

This will sit and ferment for about a week. Last week I put up some fish and pickled it. That should be ready on Saturday or Sunday.

I don't know if I mentioned it previously, but I put up about 3 gallons of sauerkraut to ferment a couple of weeks ago. It's all in jars and in the fridge downstairs. Yum!


And about a week and a half ago Matt and I brought in the potato harvest. We got about 50 pounds. So, that will last us about a month, maybe a bit less.

Next year we'll plant a lot more. I'm glad for grocery stores.

We have 1/2 a hog waiting for us at the Oklee locker. Jaime, thank you. Now we have to figure out what we owe you in addition to the locker.

No comments: