Monday, September 01, 2008

Sorry, I can't keep up

I'm sorry, there has been so much going on that I can't post. The 25th of August we had our Circuit picnic at Itasca St. Park.

Much fun for all.

I did several shut-in calls that week.





We also took Jeremy to my parents' home so he could attend Echo Charter School this year. We are very happy with his progress in school work. But he's grounded from his computer. Too much time on games and not enough time helping out.







Donna is growing by leaps and bounds. She is starting to walk. And she's a regular nanny-goat climbing everything and getting into the high places.

She loves music and dancing.

I hope she and all my kids turn out ok.


I'm sorry this post has taken so long and that I'm putting too much in without the good detail.

Nancy is fighting her cancer. It takes a lot out of her. Gloria is looking for medical solutions for her problems with shoulder replacement and osteoporosis. Please keep them in your prayers.

We have several children with severe medical issues. 2 with Duchenne muscular dystrophy; a child with MCAD, a child who will probably need heart replacement surgery by the time he's 18 years old because of a congenital heart defect (he's in confirmation classes now and I worry every time his lips start to turn blue), a quadriplegic young man who had his neck broken in a farming accident, another child with a congenital heart defect (whom I confirmed a couple of years ago), and a couple of children with life-threatening asthma (not yet teenagers).

Add to this a couple of other adult members who are dealing with life-threatening cancer.

It's a busy schedule.

We take breaks where we can get them. The last weekend in August was Bear Fest at Rodney and Cheryl's place.

Rod's brother Rick is a DNR registered guide for bear hunting. He gets hunters from all over the U.S.A.

In the first two days they had 3 black bear boars weighing over 400 pounds each. The biggest one, if I remember correctly, was 7 feet tall and 432 pounds. It had a scarred face and a white V on its chest. These bear were bagged only 5 miles from our home. Rick said he'd seen a mountain lion in the same woods. Our neighbors 2 and a half miles south have a mountain lion in their woods. Whoopee. And I've got all this mountain lion bait coming out and playing in our yard every day. (that's my kids for those of you who are too dense to figure that out)

So my policy is carry, shoot first, call for help.

Our annual Labor Day picnic at Old Mill State Park was wonderful. It started to storm and rain in the afternoon so we retreated to the shelter.

September is a busy month: Meetings with teachers for Sunday Schools (3) and Wednesday School. I'm experimenting with the Bible Study schedule to try to find something that works for each congregation.

And I messed up the calendar for September for Oak Park and Nazareth.

Sorry. Truly, I am sorry. People will be upset by whatever happens. I'll try to do right by each of you.

No comments: