Saturday, July 05, 2008

The Fifth

We had worship at Mt. Olive this morning. I burned myself pretty bad at the parade yesterday. Yes, I forgot to put the sunscreen on myself. Duh. I even burned my eyeballs.

The city of Trail will have their fireworks tonight.

We worked through the afternoon on garden and household stuff. In the evening we were too tired to get out to Trail. We set off some of our own fireworks at home with the kids. Shirley L. was over and got to see the three big ones. OOHH, AAAHHH, clap, clap, clap.

Jonny burned his fingers on a sparkler. OOOOH! AAAAH! ouch, ouch, ouch.

Trail and Fosston set off their fireworks at dark. The land is so flat we can watch them from our porch or from the bedrooms on the south side of the house. Then, Gundersons set off their fireworks, and all the kids were in our bedroom watching the closer, and nicer show.

Get to bed kids, I've got church in the morning.

No comments: