Friday, June 06, 2008

Two Birthdays: Jeremy and Audrey

June 6 was Jeremy's Birthday!

Mary made a pineapple upsidedown cake for him. It was a normal cake so I couldn't eat it. But I don't like canned pineapple anyway. Besides, the dinner was so good I didn't need to add any more calories.

After the lunch we had gift opening.


Among the gifts we gave him, Jeremy received Marcus Luttrell's book Lone Survivor. Get this book and read it. See what kind of people are really in the military and who it is that defends us as Americans. I know that Mr. Luttrell will probably never read this post. But I thank him and all his men and all those who have served and are serving in the US military for the freedom we have today. Get the book and read it.

In the afternoon we went over to celebrate Audrey's birthday.

Laura had their house decorated much more appropriately for the festivities than we did in our house.

The kids enjoyed each other's company and fun through the late afternoon and evening.

Mary and I enjoyed the company and conversation of Laura's sister, Kenya P. and Jaime's brother, Terry.


Of course, the food was great. You worry about too much, Laura. I had plenty to eat, even with my celiac disease. It was a great evening.

No comments: