Saturday, May 03, 2008

Laura's Birthday at our place

Saturday started with worship at Mt. Olive and sat. school following. Only one student today. But she did very well. We had a visitor from Miles City, Montana today. Shirley V's. sister, Gloria. I've only seen her once before at Alan B's funeral in Gully, MN a few years ago. All of us had so much to talk about after service that it took a while to get to Sat. School. Katie was patient. And she did very well. I introduced her to Luther's Small Catechism on the Creed, focusing on the First Article. Her mom stayed through the class, and I hope that she, Judy, enjoyed the time and found it helpful.

Judy's cousin was found to have stage 4 non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma this week. Her cousin is only 39 years old. She and her husband have two teen-aged children. Her prognosis is not good at this point. She has 6 chemo sessions scheduled with three weeks between each one. Please keep her in your prayers. I know that I haven't told you her name. The thing is that I haven't asked her if I can post her information. That's why this is a kind-of anonymous request. But God knows who you'd be praying for.

After talking to Judy about her cousin, I went home. We had company coming today. Laura and Jaime, with their kids, were going to visit.

The kids did a really good job cleaning up. Of course, we had to remind them to keep on task from time to time. But kids, you did very well.

Laura, Jaime, and their children came in time for noon Dinner. Now, you other readers should understand that Laura and Jaime are regular readers of this blog. And they look really closely at the times when I post about our visits together. So in my own twisted way I kind-of enjoy bringing them to attention to readers all over the world--though it remains fairly anonymous for their sakes. Some of you locals might know them. Good.

So it is Laura's Birthday today.

Mary made an excellent Orange Chicken with a variety of side dishes. Laura brought a wonderful crab-dip. Jaime brought some truly delightful wines he made.

Their kids and ours played together very happily throughout the afternoon.

Jaime brought a gun. (actually he brought 3, but I liked the similarity to the Van Halen lyrics) So we went out to our little target range and shot paper plates this aftenoon.

Jaime brought a Beretta Tomcat .32, a Walther P22, and his favorite-a Beretta 96 .40 caliber. Mary took out her Bersa Thunder .380. I got my Sprinfield XD-9. Matt got his Remminton 20 gague.

We all had a blast!

Gene A. called this morning wondering if we wanted any Suckers for pickling. "Yes!" I said.

Later on....
Gene and Vincent brought us 5 gallons of Suckers. The kids had fun playing with them for a while. But they were kind of freaked out by the fact that the fish were still alive.

Jaime and Laura had to leave late in the afternoon to see Laura's folks. Her father is seriously ill. We had a wonderful time with you today Jaime and Laura. Please know that we are keeping you and your family in our prayers

Gene and Vincent, I cleaned the fish. They're brining overnight. I hope to finish them tomorrow after church and before the kids' piano recital in Plummer.

Matt and I are playing "Rocky Top". You gotta be there!

Well, I didn't tell Mary when I'd be home tonight, but its almost 11:30. I'm going to go to bed so I can preach in the morning.

Good night everyone and God bless.

No comments: