Saturday, May 24, 2008

Down to the River to Play

Friday, yesterday, we went to RLF to the library. I mailed out a paper I'm doing for some other pastors to review. Then we went down to the RL Sportsmen's Park. We looked around at the ranges and then;

"Oh, sisters, let's go down. Let's go down, Come on down. Oh, sisters, let's go down, down to the river to play."

Yes, I changed the last word.


It really was a nice location to let the kids splash around. I had forgotten my camera, but Louisa had brought hers. So while she played and helped the little ones, I took photos.

John and Sophie pointing out minnows.


So this movie scene has been going through my head from the time we got to the river...



"go to sleep little babe
go to sleep little babe

your momma's gone away and your daddy's gonna stay
didn't leave nobody but the baby

go to sleep little babe
go to sleep little babe

everybody's gone in the cotton and the corn
didn't leave nobody but the baby

you're a sweet little babe
you're a sweet little babe

honey in the rock and the sugar don't stop
gonna bring a bottle to the baby

don't you weep pretty babe
don't you weep pretty babe

she's long gone with her red shoes on
gonna need another loving babe

go to sleep little babe
go to sleep little babe

you and me and the devil makes three
don't need no other lovin' babe

go to sleep little babe
go to sleep little babe

come lay bones on the alabaster stones
and be my everlovin baby
"




Delmar: "(Screams at the top of his lungs.)"

Everett: "What ... Delmar, what the heck's got into you?"

Delmar: "Can't you see it, Everett? Them Sireens did this to Pete. They loved him up and turned him into a... horny toad."

Delmar: "What are we gonna do?"

Everett: "I'm not sure that's Pete."

Delmar: "Of course it's Pete. Look at him. We got to find some kind of wizard can change him back."


No comments: