Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Louisa's Birthday (Backdated)

Again, as all the previous posts were, this one is backdated. It's Lent, and I can't keep up. I'll talk about my guilt about this some other time.

Wed, Mar. 5 was Louisa's Birthday!

We thank God that we have had the priviledge of having her with us these many years. And we pray that we can be together here in this world for many more happy years. But especially, as with all our children, family, friends, acquaintances, and the members of my congregation (who are also like family) we pray that we will all be kept faithful to the use of the Means of Grace, ensured by God's promise that we have eternal life because of the work of Christ ο Θεοανθρωπος [The God and Human] who died on the Cross for the sin of humanity.

Louisa's party was on a Wednesday. That Wednesday was in Lent. What that means is that Louisa had a quick, short, party over our noon dinner and afterward for gift opening. I was chomping at the bit to get over to my office to prepare a bit for Wednesday school, Lenten worship service, and Bible study. I'm sorry, Louisa, that your birthday party was so quick. But I hope you see how much all of us love you.




Take this example. Probably you cannot read it. But this is a handmade card by Elsie for her sister, Louisa. I am amazed and humbled by how much time and effort our children put into making their cards. And I am constantly amazed by their skill and the beauty of what they create for each other.

It makes me wonder why they argue so much and want to hurt each other so much during the rest of the year. But, alas, my kids are also stained by Adam's fault. And it's too late to call in any warranty that the hospital might have given on their births. (just kidding)

So, Louisa, Happy Birthday to you. Sorry I had to run off to Wed. School, Soup supper, Worship Service, and then, after a long day, come home just to be tired.

I think I'll have to try to find some videos of "Josie and the Pussycats" for you. Your birthday gift makes you look somewhat like a character from that cartoon that I watched when I was a kid.

All I can say is that with that hat you remind me of someone in that TV show. Well, maybe it was Fat Albert.

No comments: