Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Silly Book Tag

This is all Bruce's fault, but I must blame Jessie too. Jessie posted a "tag". Here's a quote from his post to get the rules:

When you're tagged, you're supposed to

  1. Pick up the nearest book of at least 123 pages. (How's that for an arbitrary number?)

  2. Open to page 123.

  3. Find the fifth sentence. I don't know what you'd do if you run out of text. Maybe keep turning pages, or even get the next book.

  4. Post the next three sentences.

  5. Tag five people.

  6. Tag another. (Which seems completely unnecessary)

I don't think I'll tag five people. It reminds me too much of Amway.

I'm lazy too, but here's my quote:

line 5 ff on P. 123 of Jonah Goldberg's "Liberal Fascism"
"There was an enormous bipartisan consensus that the Depression required dictatorial and fascistic policies to defeat it. Walter Lippmann, serving as an ambassador for America's liberal elite, told FDR in a private meeting at Warm Springs, "The situation is critical, Franklin. You may have no alternative but to assume dictatorial powers."

So who else do I know that has a blog? Quinten and Alyssa--you're it.

1 comment:

Jettie said...

really You don't know anyone else that has a blog....how funny!!!!!!!!!! just thought I'd get a chuckle outta ya on that one!!
i would comment more but I hate that word verification thing!!