Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Winter?

Sunday evening we had snow. The kids were so excited, especially John and Stella.

Monday we went to Grand Forks to do some shopping. We stopped at Scheels to check on some prices. They had the Stoeger Cougar 8000 9mm for $319. That's the best price we've seen for that one. That's also Mary's favorite as far as how it feels in her hands. My favorite is the Springfield XD-9. So we'll probably start an envelope or something like that of saving toward Mary's choice.

I picked up a bone-saw from Cabellas so I can cut up deer at home. Mary and Louisa got some shoes. And there were plenty of other stops. We ate noon dinner at Pandas in Grand Forks. I selected gluten free ingredients for their Mongolian Grill, and I didn't have a reaction to the food. I'm fairly sensitive, and I know that there are some noodles and sauces that are cooked on the grill that may not be gluten free. I wouldn't recommend it to a Celiac who is very sensitive, but I didn't seem to have a problem. and I react to a pretty small amount of gluten.

It was pretty windy all Monday. Mary did all the driving. I was pooped out. I'll have to get the rest of the lumber on the garage floor put away (not much left to put away) and get the lawn mowers and bikes stowed away. Then we can park in the garage.

We got home by 5pm and I checked on some shut-ins in the evening.

Tuesday I visited some shut-ins in the morning. Matthew is going deer hunting this year (his first). Jona B. is taking him out with his kids. He's spending the night with them. I tried to do a couple of shut-in visits in TR this afternoon. But my shut-ins weren't home. Ironic? Well, a bit disappointing.

I called Matthew this evening to see how it went. "Hello, this is Pastor Abrahamson. I'd like to speak to Elmer Fudd." Giggles on the other end, "Matt! It's for you!" He said they didn't see any deer.

Funny, I saw more than a dozen on my way home from TR.

Mary, wonderful supper tonight.

No comments: