Thursday, November 08, 2007

Meat for the family.

As I said in the last post, Sophie is our most facially expressive child. Here is her desired pose for a photo while making a face. All I can think of when I see this is "Dawn of the Dead."

Today while I was out doing visits a member came to the parsonage and dropped off a deer. I noticed it wrapped up in plastic lying on the freezer in our garage. Mary and I hung the deer in the garage by one of our ceiling hooks.

I'll let it hang this evening and then tomorrow I'll cut it up, at least part of it. The temperature is fine for hanging game. Thank you Leroy.

I have to think now, what do I do with the bones? Can I put them in the trash? There's a lot of bones with a whole deer. I can't dig a hole on the parsonage property.

And, really, I'm not very skilled at being a butcher. I'll waste a lot do to my inexperience. But it will have to do. I'll learn.

No comments: