Tuesday, August 14, 2007

An Unusual Request

I had some kind of gluten reaction this morning. It delayed my getting to TR for visits. Early in the afternoon I got a phone call from the coordinator of Grygla's Fall Festival. She asked me something that I never ever imagined I would be asked. Would I be one of the co-grand marshals of their parade. They were asking each of the Pastors of congregations in the Grygla area. I thanked her and declined. The festival is on a day that I can't be there.

Me? Asked to be a grand marshal of a parade? Imagine that!

I took Sophie and John with to do some banking this afternoon. Matthew's got the grill started. This evening I'll do some more scheduling for SS and WS.

I think Mary wants to go the the Bourne Ultimatum in the theater. She bought The Bourne Files DVDs. I suppose I could watch the first movie with her tonight. It looks like it's an action movie. We haven't seen the previous two. Kids-in-Mind Rated them. The scale is 1 to 10, with 1 least-10 most. The first number rates Sex/Nudity, the second Violence/Gore, the third Profanity. The ratings take into consideration both the frequency and the nature of each thing measured.

Bourne Identity, The [2002] [PG-13] - 3.5.5
Bourne Supremacy, The [2004] [PG-13] - 3.6.5
Bourne Ultimatum [2007] [PG-13] - 3.6.4

Compare that with Wild Hogs that rated 4.4.4, Steve Martin's Pink Panther rated 4.4.2, Napoleon Dynamite 3.4.3

The Kids-in-Mind website is nice. It gives a full rundown of how they rate movies and what kinds of things take place in the movies.

Well, I better go see what the "could have been" grand marshal is going to grill tonight.

No comments: