Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Cranky Day and a Date

Of course I didn't get to my shut-ins on Tuesday. Nor did I on Wednesday. On Wednesday it was all I could do to keep awake and keep myself from being cranky.

Mary was wiped out as well.

I did some office work, but mostly I had to recover from the sleeplessness of the false labor episode of yesterday.


I did a little garden work and yard work. We got the three oldest kids to mow most of the lawn.

Mary's flower beds look nice.

A bowyer (a maker of bows and arrows) from Oregon has offered to send me a bow stave that he manufactured with his own hands.

That's a really nice gift, when you think of it. I appreciate it.

My bow string looks nice right now. I didn't know how flax grew. The flowers are really pretty and delicate.

Mary and I went out tonight on a date. We had a meal together at the Evergreen in TR. Just me and my beloved.

Tonight a couple of the girls and I are going to try again to sleep in the fort. I've got to write a couple of sermons yet. But I'll be out there soon.

No comments: