The wet this year has allowed a bunch of mushrooms to sprout in our lawn. Sophie grazed on a button mushroom last week.
Yeah, we called the poison control center. They told Mary that she should get another mushroom like the one Sophie ate so that the local physician could look at it if necessary.
But it wasn't necessary. Sophie was fine.
These two photos are of fairy rings. There's a wikipedia article on fairy rings here.
We have probably a half a dozen fairy rings this year. Each of the rings is about 2 feet across.
It's kind of neat to see these things growing this way. But, if one of the little ones is going to try to eat the mushrooms, then I'd rather not have the fairy rings at all.